Campus Sexual Assault
Los Angeles Campus Sexual Assault Lawyers
A growing number of women are reporting sexual abuse and assault at our nation’s college and university campuses. Campus sexual assault has long been a hidden problem as a result of a culture that shamed and silenced woman into believing that their sexual assaults on campus were not important enough to prosecute. Thankfully, the reality is a far different one. Finally, it seems that we have adopted a culture of accountability for perpetrators and college alike.
The Los Angeles campus sexual assault lawyers at the Law Offices of Mike S. Carrillo have represented female and male victims of campus sexual abuse and assault, We are aggressive, yet compassionate, in protecting the victims’ legal rights under federal and state law to seek compensation and damages.
Holding Schools and Universities Liable In Campus Sexual Assault Cases
Campus sexual assault is a crime and the perpetrator can be held liable. However, it is important to understand that schools and universities can also be held legally responsible when their negligence contribute to or causes an unreasonable risk or a sexual assault on their campus.
A school or university’s negligence can happen in a variety of form, such as:
- Failing to make the campus safe, such as by failing to maintain proper security or adequate lighting at night
- Hiring professors who have a known sexual predator history
- Allowing students who are known sexual predators to have student residence housing, participate in sports, or, in some instances, to remain at the institution
- Failing to properly secure dormitories and residence halls
- Not taking any action when a school-sponsored organization, such as a fraternity, engages in conduct involving sexual abuse or assault
The legal team at the Law Offices of Michael S. Carrillo can help you assess your rights pursuant to a civil lawsuit against a school or university campus. Our Los Angeles campus assault and abuse lawyers are dedicated to holding all of the parties who are or may be responsible for your campus abuse accountable for their actions. We will help you obtain the full compensatory damages for your:
- Physical injuries
- Post-traumatic stress
- General emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Any other damage you may have suffered as a result of the campus sexual abuse or assault
Do I Have a Campus Sexual Abuse Case?
If you or someone you know has been the victim of sexual abuse or assault on a school campus, it is important to consult with an experienced and dedicated attorney to protect your legal rights.
At the Law Offices of Michael S. Carrillo, our campus sexual assault and abuse attorneys can help you or a loved one better understand your legal rights and options if you have become the victim of campus abuse. Our experienced legal team will handle your case with the gentle hands these delicate situations require. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys, please call us at 626-799-9379.